Monday, December 5, 2011

The Mother, the Mechanic, and the Path

I am going to review a concept album by The Early November. The more people I say this to the more I realize they aren't a very well known band, at least not among our English class. Maybe if I write a good enough review someone might be inclined to check them out!

I chose this album because it has a clear storyline which I think may make it a bit easier to focus on plot in my review. It is an extremely unique album, consisting of 3 discs, the last of which includes spoken dialogue between a psychiatrist and his patient. The album makes you think, the band makes you want to sing, and the core concept of it all is intriguing.

"It's time to learn,  it's time for people to try to look at things for what they are, and not the best story line."

Session 01: The first track on the third disc, The Path, sets the tone for the rest of the disc

No comments:

Post a Comment