Monday, November 14, 2011

Ad Analysis

Amnesty International Advertisement (New Zealand)

Original Photograph taken 1968 by Eddie Adams
I am going to do my ad analysis on this advertisement for Amnesty International from 2005. I like this one because it has a lot of layers to uncover. AI added the stamp and the text to alter the photograph to relate it to the campaign for human rights. But the original photograph was taken during the Vietnam war and has a story all on it's own. I can include the origin of the photo in my paper to help illustrate what the advertisement means

1 comment:

  1. After a few days of frustration between secondary research, figuring out a strong thesis, and even coming up with a constructive argument I changed my advertisement.

    Here is the ad I ended up choosing:
    http://adsoftheworld.com/media/print/volkswagen_polo_blue_motion_dali

    The use of art is more my forte. I've appreciated Dali's artwork for a long time and as soon as I saw this ad I knew it'd be perfect for me to analyze.
    I believe writing comes easier when it's something you care about, and obviously easier when it's something you know about.

    ReplyDelete